Friday, February 17, 2006

A Blog Virgin No Longer...

Despite hosting online forums like The Comic Book Industry Alliance on Delphi (probably the first comic related forum there) for almost 10 years, I have never blogged, so why now?

Well, a lot of what I do is done behind closed doors, with a limited membership so as to keep the signal to noise ratio as high as possible as well as giving folks a little more safety in sharing sensitive information that isn't necessarily for public consumption.

I've also been asked to act as one of the judges for the Eisner Awards (the Acadamey Award of comics) for the 2006 San Diego Comic Con.

So between that, running Comickaze, having a family and publishing, I just don't have the time to drag my soap box from The Engine to Comicon to Newsarama anymore.

So every week or so I'll regale you with the way things would be done, IF I WERE IN CHARGE in order to give everyone the opportunity to read and share the world according to me. I'm opinionated and I know it but regardless of what you think of me, remember that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It would be such a boring world if we all agreed, so please share your feedback but let's keep it civil, eh?

Back in a bit with my first missive, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment